Replacing sugar with honey makes the custard extremely smooth!
- 250 ml double cream
- 250 ml milk
- 1/2 Vanilla Pod
- 4 large egg yolks- beaten
- 7 Honey Twigs
- Pour the double cream and the milk into a saucepan. Slit the vanilla pod length-ways and add the saucepan. Bring to around 50C (hot, but touchable with your finger), and remove from the heat. *Never bring it to the boil
- Put the yolks and honey into a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Remove the vanilla pod, gradually pour the milk mixture over the bowl and stir well. To make it an extremely smooth texture, filter the mixture, then divide evenly between the ramekins or oven proof dishes.
- Bring a large pan of shallow water to the boil and remove from the heat, having covered each ramekin with silver foil, and place directly in the water (halfway up the ramekins). Cover the pan and steam them for 20 minutes with very low heat. *Do not bring to the boil
- Remove ramekins from the pan, leave for 10 minutes, and then carefully transfer to the fridge to settle for 24 hours.
Leave a comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.